Friday 30 September 2011

Model Portraits - natural light

Between shooting and editing its great to squeeze in time for training.  Not only does this get the mojo and creative juices flowing but its also a chance to learn from some of the top photographers in the business. Last week I joined a small group of photographers for a SWPP members day session with John Denton.  John is an established photographer with a hugely sucessful business at both ends of the spectrum - shooting and training.

John works with a number of top models and for this session we were lucky to have the services of Fredau Hoekstra to provide our muse for the day. The morning session covered natural lighting techniques while the afternoon covered use of flash for more creative images - more on that session in my next blog.

One of the tasks we were given was to take 6 head shots (and no more!) of Fredau, putting her in the poses of our choice. My six photos are below and using tips picked up from John, I was very pleased with the results.  A good training session and more skills to bring to my next shoot. I'll be checking the SWPP members board to book my next training date!







If you are interested in a portrait shoot please contact me at judi.checketts@gmail.com to book your session. My rates are reasonable and I keep the session fun and informal!

No comments:

Post a Comment