Friday 31 May 2013

National Awards for Children's Photography

This month I was delighted to received three awards for my entries into the Image of the Month competition with the Guild of Professional Photographers

The Competition is open to professional photographers throughout the UK and this was my first time entering the competition.

I selected three images which I felt were both strong compositional images as well as images which represent my style of photography.  Images submitted are graded by a panel of expert judges who represent some of the best in the industry today (Kate Hopewell-Smith, Tamara Peel and Lisa Aldersely to mention just a few).

A bronze bar is awarded for "Images of a strong standard at a professional level".

A silver bar is awarded for "Images that are very well crafted at a professional level - difficult to achieve"


A gold bar is awarded for "Images of particular distinction at a professional level (A Gold Bar) - very rare"

Only images scoring 70 or above are graded.

I was delighted to be awarded two strong bronze bars and a silver bar for my entries.  Here they are:

 Silver:



 Bronze:





Children's photography is a great passion for me - as a Mum myself I love capturing these precious images of your children as they grow.  I love shooting out on location where children have the freedom to be themselves and I can capture their true personalities. It is a great thrill to have my work recognised at the highest level by some of the countries leading photographers.

If you would like to have some portrait of your family and children then please do get in touch - I love hearing from new clients!   Lifestyle sessions are available at your home or at a location of your choosing. Contact me for more information or visit my website at www.judicheckettsphotography.com to discover more about my lifestyle photography sessions.

Judi  x



Judi is a fine art lifestyle and wedding photographer based in Oxfordshire working mainly in Oxfordshire,  Wiltshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds but will consider comissions throughout the UK.  Working on location using natural light Judi focuses on capturing beautiful relaxed images of you and your family. Using an artistic eye Judi will not just capture your memories but create a work of art which can be presented in luxury fine art albums or as framed art or canvases to hang in your homes. 

Judi also provides services for commercial businesses including headshots, nursery and pre-school portraits as well as special events such as birthdays and christenings etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment